Municipal Services :
The government of the Punjab recently created a new post which is named as executive officer of municipal services in five Districts of the Province including City District Multan in order to improve the sanitation, environment, transport facilities and many more in order to maintain the cleanliness. The City District Government Multan is boosting the Solid Waste Management department to improve the present conditions. I hope that with the implementation of these efforts, the sanitation conditions of the Multan will be improved. All the efforts made in this regard will provide a healthy environment to the citizens. Apart from that this action will add the beauty of beloved city.
Group of Offices
Currently these officers are working in the structure of municipal authority.
- District Officer (Solid Waste Management).
- District Officer (Environment).
- District Officer (Spatial Planning & Commercialization).
- District Officer (Transport & Terminal).
Pakistan Environmental Act 1997, which is following :
“AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE PROTECTION, CONSERVATION, REHABILITATION AND IMPROVEMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT, FOR THE PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF POLLUTION AND PROMOTION OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.”
The list of environment is following
(1) Air, water and land.
(2) All layers of the Atmosphere.
(3) All organic and inorganic matter and living organism.
(4) The ecosystem and ecological relationships.
(5) Buildings, structures, roads, facilities and works.
(6) All social and economic conditions affecting community life.
Solid Waste Management :
The Multan city, where Solid Waste is about 761 tons per day and about 67.28% of the waste is collected while 41% remains uncollected despite maximum utility of manpower and machinery available. After collection, the solid waste is dumped on open sites at K-Block Shah Rukn-e-Alam colony, Multan. In this way the Multan Municipal Authority is playing its role to provide better services to its citizens.